Authentic ProvenceIn Charming Boutique Hotels & Chateaux
Self / Chauffeur Drive
This package is quoted in Euro per person in a double room and includes:
06 nights’ accommodation in (Double occupancy) at:
- 1 Night at the 4-star CHATEAU DE MAZAN in Mazan, in a Charming Room and Welcome drink
- 1 Night at the 5-star HOTEL LES BORIES & SPA in Gordes in a Superior room
- 1 Night at the 4-star COUVENT DES MINIMES Hotel in Mane En Provence in a Classic room
- 1 Night at the 5-star HOTEL LE DAYA & SPA in Roquebrune sur Agens in a Classic room
- 1 Night at the 4-star CESANNE BOUTIQUE HOTEL in Aix En Provence in a Suite
- 1 Night at the 4-star CHATEAU DE ROUSSAN Hotel in Saint-Remy De Provence in a Comfort room
- Bed & Breakfast
- 7 days car rental as mentioned above for 1,400km
- Telephone assistance in case of emergency
- Road book and maps, with GPS addresses and relevant tourist information
- Cities: Starting in Marseille, ending in CDG Paris Airport
- Package excludes airline ticket on Air France
- Entrance fees to monuments, museums or attractions, unless specified in the program
Provence & its fields of lavender, olive groves, rolling hills, pine forests, vineyards, mountains and dazzling blue sea…The diversity of landscapes is astonishing: from beach to snow-covered peaks in just an hour; Europe’s deepest canyon; hills of vibrant yellow and red ochres; rare wildlife; and crystalline Mediterranean coves.
Please download the PDF file for more details.
DETAILED TRIP ITINERARY
Day 1 – MARSEILLE – AVIGNON – MAZAN (110km)
- Arrival at the airport in Marseille.
- Pick up your rental vehicle: Your vehicle will be a compact French car (automatic or manual, Category C) designed for winding along French back roads. You will have a customised road book and maps to help navigate touristy highlight to restaurant to hotel.
- Meet your English and French speaking local guide
- He or she will be a specialist from Provence, know the region like the back of their hand and be available from 9am – 6pm every today to explain through facts, jokes and anecdotes the way of life in Provence. The guide can incorporate your requests and adapt the itinerary as you see fit.
- Your guide’s vehicle will be an 8 seater comfortable air conditioned van similar to a Mercedes Vito.
- OPTION LOCAL GUIDE (if self-driving): Walking tour of the heart of the city, with English speaking licensed and professional tour guide
- OPTION TASTING : Taste 3 wines of appellation « Côtes du Rhône » accompanied by small cheeses at “La Bouteillerie” . Drive to Mazan (36km)
Château de Mazan 4*
This Chateau is located in Mazan, at the foot of the Mount Ventoux. Chateau de Mazan is situated 19 miles east of Avignon, in the south of France. It is an ideal base for exploring the region.
It has an outdoor swimming pool and offers rooms and suites with views of the landscaped grounds and floral terrace.
The Mazan Chateau’s features a culinary restaurant, L'Ingénue, which serves traditional cuisine. There is also a bar and a 24-hour front desk with free Wi-Fi access, free parking.
This double room features a minibar, air conditioning and satellite TV.
Room Facilities: Safe, Air conditioning, Desk, Hairdryer, Toilet, Bathroom, Bathtub or shower, TV, Telephone, Satellite channels, Minibar, Wake up service/Alarm clock. Room Size: 11 m² - Bed Size(s): 1 full
Day 2 – MAZAN– VAISON LA ROMAINE – MONT VENTOUX – GORDES (115km)
- OPTION TASTING: Depart for wine tasting in the appellation Côtes du Ventoux
- Depart for Vaison la Romaine. OPTION LOCAL GUIDE(if self-driving): Guided visit with English speaking licensed and professional tour guidein Vaison La Romaine (an ancient Roman city). Depart to Mont Ventoux. Depart for Gordes
Hotel Les Bories & Spa 5*
The Hotel Les Bories and Spa is in Gordes on a 20 acres estate of olive trees, cypresses, oaks and lavender. It has 2 swimming pools. Les Bories offers guest rooms and suites equipped with modern private bathrooms, satellite TV with DVD and free Wi-Fi internet access I heated indoor & outdoor swimming pool, spa, sauna, hammam, fitness room, tennis courts, fitness trail.
The hotel restaurant serves Garrigue inspired cuisine which can be enjoyed in the dining room or on the outdoor terrace or poolside.
Day 3 – GORDES – ROUSSILLON – MENERBES – MANE EN PROVENCE (90km)
- Depart for Menerbes. OPTION TASTING: Tasting and Visit Museum of the Corkscrew
- Depart for Mane En Provence
Couvent des Minimes 4*
Once a convent, built in 1613, it is now a fusion of medieval architecture and contemporary design.
Located in Mane, this hotel has a period facade and a terraced garden with botanical species.
It features a free outdoor pool with a fully furnished terrace. The spa and health club is available for a charge and uses L’Occitane products. Guests can also enjoy an indoor pool for an extra fee, a tennis court, a modern lounge and a library.
Each air-conditioned room at the Le Couvent Des Minimes Hotel & Spa has contemporary décor. They come with a flat-screen TV and DVD player. The restaurant Le Cloître serves Provencal and Mediterranean cuisine, the meals can also be served on the terrace or by the pool. Guests can enjoy a drink or taste regional wines at one of the 3 bars available.
Day 4 – MANE EN PROVENCE – ROQUEBRUNE SUR ARGENS (164km)
- Depart through the Gorges du Verdon. OPTION TASTINGS: Enjoy wine tasting before dinner
Hotel Le Daya and Spa 5*
Set in Roquebrune Golf Course, Hotel Le Daya offers luxurious rooms and suites with sea and golf course views. You can relax on the terrace or at the spa featuring an indoor swimming pool, hammam, fitness centre and beauty treatments.
All of the air-conditioned rooms at Hotel Le Daya feature a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a minibar and an iPod docking station. Each room also comes with a private bathroom, which is fitted with a walk-in shower.
Each morning, you can choose among 3 different kinds of breakfast. It is served in the comfort of your guest room or in the restaurant, Le Z. Hotel Le Daya also has an on-site bar.
Free Wi-Fi is provided in the hotel’s rooms and an airport shuttle service is available, with an extra cost. Issambres Beach is a 10-minute drive from the hotel. Free private parking is also possible on site and Saint-Raphaël is 10 km from Hotel Le Daya.
Day 5 – ROQUEBRUNE -SUR ARGENS – AIX EN PROVENCE (150km)
- Depart for the Abbaye du Thoronet. OPTION TASTING: Wine tasting
- Depart for Aix En Provence, through the tourist route
Hôtel Cézanne Boutique-Hôtel 4*
This boutique designer hotel is in the center of Aix-en-Provence and has 55 rooms. If features a terrace and a lounge.
The air-conditioned rooms at the Hotel Cézanne provide free Wi-Fi access. All rooms include satellite TV and some have views of the town.
At Hôtel Cézanne, there is a terrace with an outdoor bar, where guests can have the breakfast or enjoy an aperitif. Fitness and massage rooms are available for relaxation. The breakfast is available until noon and features specialties including benedict eggs, truffle or honey omelets, French toast with honey and orange flower water, goat's cheese, pancakes and “Ruinart” champagne.
Day 6 – AIX EN PROVENCE - SAINT-REMY-DE-PROVENCE (100km)
- OPTION TASTINGS: Depart for and visit to Domaine de La Brillanne (or similar if not available)
- Depart for Saint Remy de Provence
Château de Roussan 4*
Chateau de Roussan is a 17th-century chateau surrounded by a 15 acres park. It offers 4-star accommodation, a restaurant and free on-site parking. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel.
Rooms at Chateau de Roussan feature antique furniture and terracotta floors. They are air-conditioned and equipped with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, telephone and private bathroom. Some rooms have a four-post bed.
Chateau de Roussan’s restaurant, La Table de Roussan, serves authentic cuisine that guests can enjoy under the dining room’s vaulted ceiling.
Guests are invited to relax in Roussan’s library with its rare 19th-century books or in the salons featuring 17th-century decoration. One of the salons opens onto a terrace. Guests can also explore the chateau’s garden, greenhouse and ponds and a free valet service is available.
Day 7 – SAINT REMY DE PROVENCE – LES BAUX DE PROVENCE – AVIGNON (60km)
- OPTION TASTING: Depart for visit and tasting at Moulin Castellas
- Depart for Baux de Provence
- OPTION TASTING: Depart for Estoublon Château (or similar if not available)
- Depart for Avignon TGV train station and hand back the rental car