The original Safari Destination
Answer the call of the wild: Elephant parades, lakes of flamingos, and wildebeest migrations make for spectacular safaris…
Glide above the savanna in a hot-air balloon, climb Africa’s second-highest summit, and then escape to the coast for scuba diving
Watch time stand still with some of Africa’s most fascinating tribes.
THE KENYAN EXPLORATION – Highlights:
- Spectacular scenery (lakes, rivers), abundant exotic wildlife and opportunity to meet local people (nomadic tribes).
- Try to spot: giraffes, zebras, oryxes, elephants, cheetahs and the noble lions of the famed Masai Mara.
- View zebras and crocs in the Samburu National Reserve.
- Travel through the beautiful Great Rift Valley.
- Admire a sea of pink flamingos on Lake Nakuru.
- Mingle with lively crowds in Kenya’s capital, Nairobi.
Nairobi, once a swamp but now called the ‘green city in the sun’. What to do & see: Abundance of wild animals, lakes shrouded in a carpet of pink Flamingos. The Masai Mara is the quintessential African experience with open plains, dramatic skies and the world’s most iconic animals living within its boundaries.
Package and Program may include the below services
- Price starts from: 1,600 $ per person in a Double/Twin room in USD.
- Program & Prices are available upon request.
- Prices are strongly correlated to the TRAVEL DATE / PERIOD, PROGRAM / ITINERARY and AVAILABILITY.
- One-Night accommodation in Nairobi at the 5* Intercontinental Hotel, in superior rooms on BB
- Two-night accommodation in Samburu at the Samburu Sopa Lodge, in a standard room on Full Board Basis
- One-Night accommodation in Aberdares, at the Ark Tree Hotel, in a standard room on Full Board
- One-Night accommodation in Lake Nahuru, at the 4* Sarova Lionhill Game Lodge, in a standard room on Full Board
- Two-Night accommodation in Maasai Mara at the 4* Mara Sopa Lodge, in a standard room on Full Board
- Meet & Assist, round trip transfers from / to Airport.
- All transfers in designed Safari-Minivan: Non A/C vehicles, shared with others, a pop-up roof for maximum game viewing comfort, and a professional English speaking Driver/Guide.
- Parks’ entrance fees.
- Complimentary: Mineral Water in the minivans during the safari: 2 bottles per person per day.
- Flower garlands upon arrival at the airport.
- Complimentary Medical Air Evacuation, to nearest hospital in case of illness or accident.
- Package excludes International Air Tickets.
- Optional Excursions and expenses of personal nature
FYI, Important Notices:
- Luggage limit of one soft bag per person during travel in Kenya. Hard cases should be avoided as they do not fit in safari vehicles.
- Passport should be valid at least 06 Months beyond the period of stay
Please download the PDF file for more details.
The Itinerary: 8 Days/ 7 Nights
DAY 01: NAIROBI AIRPORT / HOTEL
- Meet & Assist at JKI Airport. Transfer to the 5*Intercontinental Hotel. Afternoon Free at leisure. Overnight at the Hotel.
- Optional Excursions: Visit the Giraffe Centre, Karen Museum, etc.
DAY 02: SAMBURU (full board)
- 07:00 Breakfast at the hotel
- 08:30 Head to Samburu, drive through the lush Kikuyu farmlands, coffee plantation to the cool Kenyan Highlands. Continue to the Northern Frontier
- 13:00 Arrive at Samburu Sopa Lodge or similar. Check-in & lunch.
- 15:00 Afternoon, game in the reserve. This region is commonly known for its unique wildlife / birdlife e.g.: Beisa Oryx, Reticulated Giraffe, Somali Ostrich, Gerenuk and the Gevy’s Zebra.
- 18:30 Return to Lodge for dinner and overnight.
DAY 03: SAMBURU (full board)
- 07:00 Breakfast at the lodge
- 09:00 Full day game in Samburu and Buffalo Springs game reserves, (picnic lunch box)
- 16:00 Return to Lodge for dinner and overnight.
DAY 04: SAMBURU - ABERDARES (ARK, Full Board basis)
- 07:00: Breakfast then journey to Aberdares Ranges.
- 12:00: Arrival at Aberdares Country Club: base hotel for the Ark & lunch.
- Afternoon transfer to the tree hotel, Ark, http://www.thearkkenya.com. Perfect, rustic environment for visitors eager to view the local wildlife at close range. The Ark overlooks a floodlit waterhole, saltlick which attracts Elephant, Rhino, Leopard, Bushbuck, etc.
Children under 7 years: Not allowed. Small luggage is allowed; the rest is left at the base hotel & retrieved the following day!
DAY 05: LAKE NAKURU (full board)
- 08:00: Breakfast then transfer to Aberdares Country Club to retrieve, if needs be, the remaining luggage at the base hotel. Then proceed with the safari Driver-Guide to the Rift Valley, Lake Nakuru. En route, pause in Thomson Falls for a photo shoot.
- 12:00: Arrive at the 4-star Sarova Lionhill Game Lodge, sarovahotels.com for a buffet lunch. Break for one hour.
- 16:00: Afternoon game drive.
- Lake Nakuru is renowned for its large population of Flamingos (in million); it is home as well to other water birds and 56 species of mammals e.g. white rhino, buffaloes, 450 types of terrestrial birds.
- 18:30: Return to the lodge for dinner & overnight.
DAY 06: MASAI MARA (full board)
- 06:30: Breakfast, check out at 07:30 then journey to the famous Masai Mara game reserve. En route, contemplate the farmlands inhabited by the Masai community.
- 13:00: Arrive at the 4-star Mara Sopa Lodge, sopalodges.com (or similar, Full Board basis); check in, then lunch at the lodge and some time to relax.
- 16:00: Afternoon game drive in the plain of Maasai Mara.
- Return to the lodge for dinner & overnight.
DAY 07: MASAI MARA (full board)
- 06:30: Depart for an early morning game drive. The Early morning are lovely moments to see the nocturnal animals trying to get the last piece of their catches before they sleep. Admire the stunning sunrise.
- 08:30: Return to the lodge for buffet breakfast. Rest of the morning at leisure.
- 12:30: Lunch then an hour-break.
- 16:00: Depart for an afternoon game drive.
- 18:30: Return to the lodge for dinner & overnight.
DAY 08: DEPARTURE
- 07:30: Breakfast then head back to Nairobi.
- 13:00: Free at leisure. Then, transfer to Airport for travel back home.
PRICING & INFORMATION:
Price is based on a Minimum Number of Persons per Minivan: Maximum 7 seats in a vehicle (7 guaranteed window view: 6 seated in the rear and 1 person next to driver/guide).
Starting from: 1,600 $ per person in a Double/Twin room in USD.
Prices are available upon request.
Prices are strongly correlated to the TRAVEL DATE / PERIOD, PROGRAM / ITINERARY and AVAILABILITY.
|Optional Activities (excluding Meals), per person:|
|Masai Mara, Balloon Safari|
|Visit to the Masai Village|
Language: English, Swahili
Capital City: Nairobi
Population: 33.8 million
Area: 225,000 miles2
Tel Code(s): 254
Electricity: 240V, 50 Hz
Currency: 1 Kenya Shillings = $0.01 US
visa info: www.kenyaembassy.com
Best time to go: July - August
Kenya's four seasons revolve around the rains.
Rainy seasons: March – June; November - December.
Clear: April, May, June, especially along the coast.
Dry season: July to October - coincides with the annual wildebeest migration in the Masai Mara
You'll want to plan well ahead. Things kick off with a frenetic rush during the Christmas holiday season, when prices skyrocket and rooms are hard to come by.
Cuisine: primarily consists of meat, potatoes, rice, matoke (mashed plantains) or ugali (maize meal). Kenya's national obsession is known as nyama choma: barbecued goat so delicious it's an absolute must. Wash every meal down with an icy Tusker, the abundant national lager.
Good Buys: Local arts and crafts e.g. Makonde carvings made from ebony, kiondos (wooden baskets), jewelry, basket work, and textiles. Particularly famous is the Masai tribe's colorful jewelry, which combines thousands of beads with shells and leather.