Green Travel Tips & Green Behavior
- We can learn how to be a part of the solution.
- Let us share effective and inexpensive ideas that-really-can make a world of difference.
- Help save our Planet!
- Pack light – less weight on flights uses less fuel.
- Take direct flights –
- Taking off uses up a huge amount of fuel.
- Take Daytime flights – Studies have shown night flights are more harmful to the atmosphere.
- Take the train, shuttle or bus to/from the airport.
- Put your Do Not Disturb sign up so the sheets or towels aren’t unnecessarily changed at hotels.
- Use solar powered chargers.
- Eat & Buy locally produced foods whenever possible. Since agriculture is responsible for about a fifth of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions (partly from transportation).
- Replace paper towels with a special set of cloth towels/napkins – wash and reuse.
- Turn out lights when leaving a room.
- Unplug electronics when not in use. Even when turned off, things like hairdryers, cell phone chargers, and televisions use energy.
- Leftover Water: e.g. water your plants with leftover water from drinking and cooking. Wash clothes in cold water.
- Washing clothes in cold water saves water-heating energy and your clothes will last longer.
- Check your car tires’ pressure â€“ on monthly basis.
- Check your tires for proper inflation. Properly inflated tires improve gas mileage more than 3%
- Obey the speed limit and drive efficiently. Each gallon of gas saved keeps 20 pounds of CO2 out of the atmosphere.
- Print documents on once-used paper.
- Use bleach-free, recycled paper. Create and use note pads from once-used paper.
- Avoid receiving unnecessary products e.g. plastic utensils, straws, etc; buy ice cream in a cone instead of a cup, etc. Every little bit of trash avoided does make a difference!
- Plant trees. Each tree absorbs 1 ton of carbon over its lifetime, so, along with your community, plant 10 trees a year-1 citizen planting 10 trees = 10 tons of CO2).
- Remember the 3 Rs: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
- Recycle everything you can.
- Replace incandescent bulbs with energy efficient compact fluorescents.
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE. Save Our Planet!